Sunday 21 October 2018

From a Marker's point

Points to note when going through heaps of papers to mark.

1. Students do write crap.
There will be a handful. I suspect to fill the wordcount.
2. If you grew up playing Where's Wally and you loved it, this is the right task for you.
As a Marker you'll be finding for their points to award. It's a treasure hunt.
3. Sneaky students trying to buy time! Only a handful tries but their names go into our personal watch list.

With that, I also get,
- an ache when a student doesn't respond correctly to direct simple questions
- Students with poor referencing because it's free marks! It is worth investing time to know the correct way to reference. This will last you for the rest of your academic years.
- half-assed assignment with poor layout gets you half of a half-assed marks
- and with every assignment that I mark through, i get flashbacks to my student days when I too was struggling to submit. Every. Single. Assignment. Marked.

No comments: