Saturday 18 January 2014

Hola! Y llama Clara.

Buenas dias! Como estas??

Started attending Level 1 Spanish class at the YMCA, KL Sentral on 18 January 2014. I am:
1) skeptical of my ability to pick up a new language in a classroom setting that i develop basic conversational ability. Cite: many failed attempts at the Mandarin language -___-
2) doing this because I think it is time I consciously invest in myself - a new language for the new year. (and unlike all new resolutions... i hope this doesn't die a natural death. Fingers crossed!)


And, in the spirit of going all Spanish inquisition-ish, I will celebrate with a meal at the end midway of the Level 1 language programme at a tapas spot MediTeca. Seafood paella, mushroom bruschetta etc looking all too irresistible!
RM158 - up to 6 ppl. (I always love a meal with friends!) Image taken from Groupon's deal here

Although there is the annual subscription fees, YMCA still gives kickass prices. The 30 hours programme cost lesser than RM300.

YMCA at KL Sentral - link is somewhat poorly maintained - lack of information posted online but contact details/address are there.

Hasta pronto. Chao! :)


3 comments:

wesley said...

Looks Good :)

CJ Wang (世杰) said...

Hi. I got in here by google-ing on YMCA Spanish course.
I am thinking to attend the class, by any chance, how you find the class so far? Have you completed the whole level 1 spanish?
ya...I am CJ...

SH said...

Hi CJ
It's pretty alright. It helps that there is someone to explain the whys which sometimes is very confusing (to me!) when i try to read it up.

Spanish is a beautiful language. :)

I've completed my Lvl 1. Would like to continue with Lvl 2, soon. :)