Tuesday 15 July 2014

Selective hearing

I love public holidays. It is the second chance to enjoy the weekend that had gone by too quickly. Weekdays off work is such a bonus!

The sad part was that I spent it on the computer bent over work til 4pm then superior said she didn't know it's a holiday here (although it was mentioned twice yesterday over the con-call. Selective hearing). The moment she went 'oh I didn't know, just do it tmr. It's fine.' ...Yay, I switched off the computer. I see emails had been steadily streaming in since then and though I'll drown in the morning I shall not be moved.

The good part? I am no longer a workaholic. Confirmed.

Spent the rest of the evening messing at manicuring and a marathon of Devious Maids.

Disclaimer: Not to read between the lines/content and taking it as skipping work or anything negative about my job or workplace. It is my recollection of a bonus holiday which sneaked up on me.

No comments: